Oh. hey! I’m Jules… an introverted artist, entrepreneur, and creative coach. I started Creating Beautifully out of a passion for creativity and making. I actually owned two separate businesses before I started Creating Beautifully: one that focused on the maker side (HelloImHandmade.com) and one that focused on the art side (theUnlimitedCreative.com). With Creating Beautifully, I’ve combined them both and added even more creative goodness! I specialize in coaching introverted creatives, and you can learn all about that at www.CreativeCoachingforIntroverts.com.
But hey, let’s get to know YOU a little bit… Do any of these apply to you?
- I’m creative (an artist, crafter, maker, blogger, etc.) who wants to (and/or is already trying to) make a living doing what I love. Using my talent and passion to better my life and the lives around me.
- I LOVE making (whether it’s painting, illustrating, writing, knitting, soap making, weaving, jewelry making, sewing, blogging, photography, or doing whatever your creative endeavor may be!) simply for the joy of making!
- I want to sell more of my work (either on Etsy, my own web site, or another platform) to support myself (and maybe your family) and/or supplement my income.
- I want to do the whole social media thing: Instagram/Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter stuff, but don’t know how to start, much less succeed, without being spammy or sales-y, or just plain getting lost in the fray.
- I’m a life-long learner who loves to take creative classes: hand-lettering? Yes please! Art journaling? Oh yeah! Mixed media? Love it! How to Blog? Yep!
- I’m introverted, but I don’t want that to stop me from creating a life and a business that I love.
- I want to live a happy, fulfilled, creative life!
If you circled one or more, awesome: You’re in the right spot! Because that’s what Creating Beautifully is all about!
I’m Jules, and I help creatives like you build the lives and the businesses they find ideal and fulfilling. I’m an introvert (INFP here!) and I love working with other introverts. I’m a creative coach, and I loooove social media (I’m looking at you, Pinterest and Instagram!) I love teaching, and I love the creative community —> that means YOU! 😍😍😍
Want to know more about me?
- I live, work, and love my life in Portland, Oregon where I’m grateful to be able to make art pretty much every single day.
- I’ve been working and selling online since the Internet Dark Ages. (1997!)
- I have two daughters that I’m crazy about. And I’m super proud of them both (so if… err…when I brag about them, I’m sorry for not being sorry.) 😉
- I’m engaged to my best friend, and the best guy I know.
- My favorite concerts (so far) have been The Smiths, Band of Horses and Lana Del Ray.
- You can find more about my abstract art here: www.JulesTillman.com
- I believe that everyone should be able to make a living doing what they love.
And last but not least: I don’t believe that you have to be an “artist” to be creative. I also don’t believe you have to sell your art to be an artist. I believe that making just for the sake of making is a joyous thing! (There’s a reason there is such thing as art therapy: making art makes you happier!) But if you do want to sell your work, Creating Beautifully and www.CreativeCoachingforIntroverts.com can help you do that, too.
P.S. If Creating Beautifully sounds like a place you’d love to hang out more, I hope you’ll also sign up for my weekly letters: