Oh. hey! I’m Jules… an artist, entrepreneur, and creative coach. I started Creating Beautifully out of a passion for creativity and making. I actually owned two separate businesses before I started Creating Beautifully: one that focused on the maker side (HelloImHandmade.com) and one that focused on the art side (theUnlimitedCreative.com). With Creating Beautifully, I’ve combined them both and added even more creative goodness!
But hey, let’s get to know YOU a little bit… Do any of these apply to you?
- I’m creative (an artist, crafter, maker, blogger, etc.) who wants to (and/or is already trying to) make a living doing what I love. Using my talent and passion to better my life and the lives around me.
- I LOVE making (whether it’s painting, knitting, soap making, weaving, jewelry making, sewing, writing, photography, or doing whatever your creative endeavor may be!) simply for the joy of making!
- I want to sell more of my work (either on Etsy, my own web site, or another platform) to support myself (and maybe your family) and/or supplement my income.
- I want to do the whole social media thing: Instagram/Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter stuff, but don’t know how to start, much less succeed, without being spammy or sales-y, or just plain getting lost in the fray.
- I’m a life-long learner who loves to take creative classes: hand-lettering? Yes please! Art journaling? Oh yeah! Mixed media? Love it! How to Blog? Yep!
- I want to live a happy, creative life!
If you circled one or more, awesome: You’re in the right spot! Because that’s what Creating Beautifully is all about!
I’m Jules, and I help creatives like you build the lives, and the businesses, they really want. I’m a creative coach, and I loooove social media (I’m looking at you, Pinterest and Instagram!) I love teaching, and I love the creative community —> that means YOU! 😍😍😍
Want to know more about me?
- I live, work, and love my life in Portland, Oregon where I’m grateful to be able to make art pretty much every single day.
- I’ve been working and selling online since the Internet Dark Ages. (1997!)
- I have two daughters that I’m crazy about. And I’m super proud of them both (so if… err…when I brag about them, I’m sorry for not being sorry.) 😉
- I have a feisty Netherland Dwarf rabbit named Lucy that loves to snuggle and prefers broccoli over carrots.
- I’m engaged to my best friend, and the best guy I know.
- My favorite concerts (so far) have been The Smiths, Band of Horses and Lana Del Ray.
- You can find more about my abstract art here: www.JulesTillman.com
- I believe that everyone should be able to make a living doing what they love.
And last but not least: I don’t believe that you have to be an “artist” to be creative. I also don’t believe you have to sell your art to be an artist. I believe that making just for the sake of making is a joyous thing! (There’s a reason there is such thing as art therapy: making art makes you happier!) But if you do want to sell your work, Creating Beautifully can help you do that, too.
P.S. If Creating Beautifully sounds like a place you’d love to hang out more, I hope you’ll also sign up for my weekly letters: