From a month-long vacation to a day trip to the coast, just because you’ll be away from the studio, doesn’t mean you have to stop making art and being creative! The follow 25 tips and tools for creating art anywhere are here to make sure of it!
(Oh, and don’t worry about losing your spot! If you click on any of the links in this post, they will open in a new tab, and save your spot right here for when you come back. 👍)
- This mini watercolor set contains everything you need to create art on the go, besides the paper itself!
2. Bring along some extra watercolor pens for multiple colors, like this water brush pen set for Aquarelle watercolor painting.
3. Or if you’d like some variety in brush styles, try this set of 6 Ohuhu water coloring brush pens for watercolor painting.
4. This da Vinci Travel Series 1503 Maestro Watercolor Brush Set is for the distinguished artist on the go.
5. You can use these BeeChamp collapsible water containers to hold water and clean your paint brushes.
6. For the person who loves to draw, this Castle Art Supplies graphite drawing pencils and sketch set are the perfect answer.
7. This JNW Direct Colored Pencil set includes 48 beautiful colors with roll-up case and accessories. It’s great for sketching, drawing, and coloring.
8. Watercolor pencils are a great choice, too. Like this set of 48 vivid artist grade watercolor pencils that comes with its own carrying case. How are these different from the set above? Well, you can actually add water to these and blend the colors!
9. Need a gel pen in (practically!) every color? This set of 120 Gelmushta Gel Pens, including regular, neon, metallic, pastel and glitter pens, should do the trick!
10. If you like to blend colors, this 50 Dual Tip Art Markers Set also has bullet and chisel tips on each pen.
SKETCHBOOKS (and MORE!)
11. I have one of these Global Art Materials Travelogue watercolor book and it’s my favorite watercolor paper sketchbook.
12. What’s different about this spiral Genuine Ultra Rigid Hardcover sketch pad (with 100 pages of Acid Free, 9×12 inch paper) is that it gives you all the drawing support you’ll need to draw anywhere, without a desk! Pretty handy if you ask me!
13. These Rite in the Rain All-Weather side-spiral notebooks are perfect for traveling to places where is rains a lot, because you can draw in them (with pencil, permanent markers and ball point pens) and it won’t wash off, bleed, or become muddy!
14. This Pentalic 5″ x 8″ 140 lb watercolor paper Aqua Journal is perfect for capturing landscapes during your travels.
15. These Urban Sketchbooks from Sennelier are a fun and unique way to record your travels.
16. You could aslo just color and write in this Adult Coloring Journal with lined paper and anti-stress flower mandala patterns, and keep track of your travels that way.
17. Or just grab this travel-sized Spiral Bound Traveling Doodles anti-stress coloring book for adults and go!
CARRYING IT WITH YOU
18. This Art Supplies Backpack allows you to carry a canvas; portrait; sketch board; drawing pad; paint brushes, school supplies, and drawing materials in a stylish fashion!
19. If you need even more room, try this ArtBin Tote Express!
20. The ArtComber Folding Big Wheeled Portable Rolling Chair not only helps you carry your supplies, but to also have a place to sit, once you find the perfect spot to make art from.
21. The En Plein Air Pro Traveler Series for Watercolor with Sunpak 2001 Tripod comes with just about every single thing you’ll need to take your art on the go: a 12.25” x 15.75” easel perfect for holding 1/4 sheets, with a palette tray and cup holder, a brush holder and water pail hook and a sturdy backpack to carry it all.
22. This Olymstore French easel wooden portable folding red Beech tripod folds and unfolds, and can be used in your travels and in your studio.
But if you want something a little more simple and lightweight…
KEEP IT SIMPLE
These all-in-one sets will help you keep up your creative practice on the go in a super siple way.
24. Like this Compact and Portable Sketch Folio 1 Drawing Kit (you might want to throw an eraser in there, too!)
25. With this art set, Sketching and Drawing Kit for professional or amateur artists, you’d still need a sketchbook, but a small one could fit right inside!