the difference between choosing and deciding
Many of us use the words choose and decide somewhat interchangeably. But as a creative coach, I talk about the difference between choosing and deciding.
There really is a big difference, but it can be explained in a very simple way:
➙ You choose what to have for dinner.
⇉ You decide to commit to your dreams.
A decision is a commitment. It’s a course of action.
So my question for you is: Have you decided to commit to your own best life? One that is filled with your dreamiest of dream days… and creativity… and happiness… and fulfillment?
I sure hope so. Because I know that that life is possible for you! You’ve just got to decide you really want it.
Why not decide on that life today?
What is something you really want to do / be / achieve — and you’re willing to decide you’re finally going to commit to making it happen?
It can be something as simple as:
- starting a daily meditation practice
- creating every day (whether that’s art or music or blog posts, etc.)
- starting a self-care routine
- finding an accountability partner and having weekly check-ins
Or something big like:
- opening an Etsy or Shopify shop
- contact galleries about being represented
- writing that book that has been inside of you for years
- finally starting the creative business you’ve been longing for
I really hope you’ll think about this, figure our one thing you really want to do, and then decide to do it.
I know that the times we are living in can feel scary and overwhelming. And maybe you’re thinking that your art or creativity won’t make a difference. But I believe that by living our truest, most fulfilling lives, we’re showing up as the best humans we can be. And that in itself is helping the world be a better place.
Grab my 10 Best Resources - FREE!
If you want to start, grow and succeed in a creative online business, you'll want these insider resources!