In 2014 I went from basically having no real idea of what a podcast even was, to becoming a virtual podcast sponge! I’d say there are only three business-related podcasts I still listen to from that early start (and of course I’m including all three in this list of the best podcasts for creative entrepreneurs!) But over the years I’ve listened to many more, and it has impacted my business in so many positive ways, I can’t help but want to share them with you. Listening to (the right) podcasts is like having a conversation with a mentor. So I want to share these favorites of mine with you…
(This blog post contains affiliate links. Not sure what that means? Click here and a new tab will open with more information.)
I’ve included in this list my current favorites, as well as some new (to me) podcasts I’m really enjoying right now.
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn. This podcast is at the top of my list for many reasons: the first being that Pat Flynn has so much integrity, and an earnest desire to help other entrepreneurs, especially when it comes to making passive income. (And the man knows what he’s talking about! Check out these income reports for proof!) Another reason I love SPI so much is because of the variety of topics, which range from things like: success stories, passive income tactics, strategies and tools, different ways/ideas around making passive income, and so much more.
- The Lively Show with Jess Lively. Jess had been podcasting long before I found her, but even since I’ve been listening, her show has changed quite a bit — and I LOVE it! While it was largely business and lifestyle related when I first started listening, now Jess is teaching us all about living in flow and alignment — and a lot about the Law of Attraction. Yes, it’s “woo-woo” but it’s inspiring and actually very relevant to being a creative entrepreneur.
- Mind Your Business Podcast with James Wedmore. This one is a “new to me” podcast, I’ve only been listening for a couple of months or so, but I LOVE it! I’ve been going back and listening to older episodes, as I can’t wait for a week for the new episodes to come out! It is a business show that leans hard towards the “woo” or spiritual side of being an entrepreneur. From the show’s description”James Wedmore, a seven-figure online entrepreneur, believes success is created by mindset over strategy, magic over metrics, and attitude over action.“
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield. To me, Amy is to online marketing what Pat Flynn is to passive income: she’s honest, always over-delivers, and she knows her stuff! I also love that she is vulnerable and real. And pretty much every episode has such a detailed accompanying PDF, they are almost like mini classes with actionable advice more than “just” a podcast. If you want to learn how to market your online business, Amy is your lady!
- The Simple Pin Podcast with Kate Ahl. If you have followed me at all, you probably know by now that I LOVE Pinterest. Besides Google, it’s the best source of traffic to my site. Well, if you ask me, there is no better place to get honest, straight-forward, real-world advice on all things Pinterest. If you want more traffic from Pinterest, this is definitely a must listen.
- The ProBlogger Podcast with Darren Rouse. This is another “new to me” podcast, but I’m happy it’s not new, because there are so many previous episodes you can go back and listen to. If you want to learn how to create and grow a money making blog, definitely subscribe to ProBlogger.
- The Side Hustle Show with Nick Loper. It’s funny because I’m not a side-hustler – I do this business full time/don;t have a 9 to 5 job. But I can’t get enough of the Side Hustle show! The show is “…the podcast for part-time entrepreneurs who are looking for business ideas, actionable tips to start a business, and killer strategies on how to turn their side hustle dreams into a growing business.” Nick is a humble host who has had success in various side-hustles, and his guests are inspiring and wildly creative!
- Pursuit with Purpose with Melyssa Griffin. Yes, it’s great to make money. But it’s even better to make money with a mission behind it. That’s what Melyssa, and her guests, have done! Yes, she has a million dollar business (by the time she was 28). But she’s also donated $120k to help build several schools in Ghana through Pencils of Promise. So when Melyssa called her podcast Pursuit with Purpose, you can know she is someone who walks her talk.
- Ask Pat with Pat Flynn. Yes, this is the second time you’ve seen Pat Flynn’s name in this list, but that’s because he’s just that good. In this “2.0” version of Ask Pat, he basically does a coaching session with a new entrepreneur each week. From beginners to people who’ve been in business for years, but they all want to take their online business to the next level. So there is something here for you, no matter where you are in your own entrepreneurial journey.
- Make It Happen with Jen Carrington. Jen Carrington is a creative coach who helps “big-hearted creatives make things happen in their creative life and business on their own terms, in their own way, and by their own rules.” If you like that (and British accents!) listening to Make it Happen will feel like a warm cup of tea on a cold day! Just the kind of inspiration you’ve been looking for.
- Being Boss with Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon. These two ladies are “business besties” who decided to put their business conversations onto a podcast, and magic was born! They have a huge following and it’s no wonder why. They are feminist business owners disrupting a field of old business men and helping you take your creative business to the next level.
- What Works with Tara Gentile. I truly appreciate a smart, strong and successful businesswoman, and that’s exactly what Tara Gentile is. In What Works, she shares “what’s actually working to run, manage, and grow small businesses in the digital age.” Her guests are thriving business owners who are happy to share exactly what the title implies: what works for them.
- For the Love of Money with Chris Harder. The tagline for this show sums up exactly why I love it so much: “I believe that when good people make good money, they do great things!” And it’s just that! Stories of successful people and how generous they are with their money.
- Authority Hacker with Gael and Mark. I recently came across this podcast when doing some research on “micro niche” websites. They talk about those, as well as authority sites and blogging in general (and when you get down to it. there can be some overlap in all of those.)
- Manifestation Babe with Kathrin Zenika. If you’re new to manifesting or want to up-level your manifesting game, I definitely recommend checking out the Manifestation Babe! I not only listen to her podcasts, but I purchased her book (for myself AND two of my friends) as well as one of her courses. She puts manifesting into easy, actionable steps.
Those are my current recommendations, but I wanted to include some “honorable mentions” — a few more that I listen to from time to time that other online business owners might enjoy, like: “The Lucky Bitch Podcast,” “Raise Your Hand and Say Yes,” “Heart Soul and Hustle,” “Eventual Millionaire,” “Badassery Podcast,” “The Positively Creative Podcast,” “The Strategy Hour,” “Do It Scared,” and “Visual Marketing with Tailwind.”
So what do you think of this list of best podcasts for creative entrepreneurs? Am I missing any? If so, comment below and tell me about them!
Grab my 10 Best Resources - FREE!
If you want to start, grow and succeed in a creative online business, you'll want these insider resources!